So you have decided to become a member here at ProtoMX. The first step is to subscribe to one of the membership levels below. Members are welcome any time the makerspace is scheduled to be open or if outside of normal hours by appointment.
We ask that all members please complete the following steps:
- Sign up for a subscription below.
- Signed a liability waiver, and agree to abide by all policies in the membership packet.
- To begin use of the equipment, you must take the appropriate classes and or pass a check-out for the equipment you’d like to use. Cost for the check-out session on the laser cutter and 3D printers are $30.00 each. Please get with Roo or if he is not available he will assign an authorized person to check you out on the equipment. Check-out session must be completed before a member can use the equipment on their own.
- Signup for the weekly newsletter at minimum, but please also consider following or joining our active Facebook page & group and our Slack group.
Memberships are the primary source of funds to keep the makerspace open. Your membership helps us all in order to stay open and to grow the makerspace.
Makerspace Membership Benefits:
- As a member, you will receive access and training (if needed) on the equipment and tools.
- Access to a diverse community of individuals
- Vanity email forwarder
- Network file storage with remote access capability
We offer two types of memberships:
- Regular Member: Access to the makerspace during regularly scheduled open hours. Equipment & Tools are available to use after approval and orientation, at the Founders’ discretion.
- Family Membership : This is a family membership for you and your immediate family members (extended family may join at reduced rate please get with us) to the makerspace during regularly scheduled open hours. Equipment & Tools are available to use after approval and orientation, at the Founders’ discretion.
Also keep in mind the discount section below, for students, veterans and seniors. Young adults 12 and up are welcome as members, with parental authorization.